Sunday, September 26, 2010

Judges

If you so desire, take a step back and believe yourself to be separate from the human experience...
Pretend that you are the epitome of reason and flawlessly paced progression in every stage of life, and that everything you do is accompanied by careful calculation and reasoning...that you are flawless in every aspect of the game of life, and an experienced player suited to critique others style.
Done?
Good.
From this sanctimonious sphere of reference observe me.
My proclivity to reach a decided conclusion at a faster rate than most, you take as a hurried existence. The intensity with which I love, you take for infatuation. My random outburst of joyous noises and actions you take for immaturity. And my attempts at benevolence you consider to have ulterior motives...
From your elevated and perfect perch, you look upon my life of pitiful mistakes and make the accurate observation that I am something entirely different from you...a sinner.
You view me as an impulsive creature of whim, and little contemplation. One possessing tunnel vision regardless of the circumstances surrounding the object in focus.

I will not bother to refute or argue with you as to the reasons behind my at times frantic way of life. I will simply live it, and upon attaining those things for which I strive, I will be vindicated by One greater than myself and a life lived for Him.
Meanwhile...
You have built yourself a throne on the foundation of your own merit...
You have chosen to use yourself as the bar by which to evaluate all others and in doing so have engineered your own destruction.
For by assuming ourselves to be perfect or already immaculate, we overlook the glaring inconsistencies betwixt our life, and God's law. We forget the fact that we have at times past fallen victim to the universal ailment of the flesh, and come short of glory.
Only the hand of God fashions the structures that endure all eternity.
Only He is Perfect and worthy to judge all creatures in existence.
So judge if you must, but know that in so doing you are condemning yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment