Saturday, December 17, 2011

Reaching for the Son

It's been a rough year. I have been stressed and ablaze with the angers and frustrations of a life unyielding to my will. It's really hard for me to remain joyful and content when I feel that my best laid plans always fall short, and my most heartfelt wishes won't be realized soon enough. I am an eager creature. What I want, I want greatly. I have had to exercise patience and a great deal of restraint and in doing so, a bit of my jovial inner child has died. I have traded sunshine for fire, and optimism for jaded determination. I don't want to become calloused and bitter even though life has been a fight as of late. I wish to remain me through adversity. With this purpose in mind, I will try to relinquish some of the fire for sunshine once more. I would like to shine a bit more in the midst of my storm. Maybe it will make life a bit brighter and the time pass just a bit quicker on the way to where God's taking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment