Sunday, June 27, 2010

Seeing where I want to be

Even though it was 93 degrees outside and sunny, today started out an overcast day. I received rather discouraging news while having a teleconference between my father, brother, and myself. It appeared as though I wouldn't be able to return to my school for my senior year, putting me behind by at least a semester and possibly forcing me to return home...all of the above possibilities were totally undesirable at this point in my life. I have set goals for myself which I would very much so like to accomplish over the next few years, and finishing my college education is one of the most important ones, upon which many of the others are dependent. The success of my future, as it appears to my finite and young speculation, is contingent upon me finishing my time at my university and procuring my degrees. After languishing in bed at the thought of having to plan a less than ideal 6-12 months, I had a devotion, and prayer in which I earnestly entreated God to provide a way for me to return to Southern for my final year(s). I was impressed to apply once again for a loan which my credit had been insufficient to receive earlier. I had planned on doing this, just not until the end of the summer... I almost didn't do it, but I said to myself, "all they can do is say no again." After putting in all my information and praying multiple times before proceeding to the credit check, I actually couldn't believe my eyes when the screen showed that I had been approved for the loan...I was elated and just blown away by the grace of God to this sinful individual who constantly falls short of His expectations...I knew that had I not been able to return to school, I still wouldn't have had the right to complain (though I would have been very inclined to do so) because I would still be far more blessed than many people on this planet. Like a lightning rod, I am just struck over and over again by God's grace. After I found out I was approved, it was like a the clouds had cleared and for just a second later that night, I could see how beautiful it could be after everything falls into place if I follow God's leading...It's going to take some work to get there though...

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear I'm not going to be alone this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's amazing Joshy and i'm soooo glad things worked out this way. i'm also really glad that you're trying to follow God's leading every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete