Saturday, May 8, 2010

Thankfully Risen

This day started slowly...
Many times I turned over in my half-made bed trying to obtain a few more seconds of sweet sleep.
I was unready to rise when my feet hit the floor, and unwilling to walk when I opened my door.
In retrospect,I am glad That I did because if I hadn't, a plethora of blessing would have been missed.
I would have missed a message at church which ignited a small flame within me to do more to take the love of Christ to a thirsting world, and make no mistake about it, they are thirsting...
I would have been deprived the opportunity to fellowship with part of my church family and close friends...
I wouldn't have been able to converse with the object of my affection for a few precious hours..
I wouldn't have been able to take in the beauty of nature which a loving God has graciously provided to me...
I wouldn't have been able to commune with my Creator, and patient Savior...

For these and many other reasons, right now...
I am thankful that He caused me to rise.

1 comment: