Friday, May 28, 2010

Walking into the Wind

My form is indefinite and changing as observed from a distance.
I am disheveled and unkempt..but my progression is notable.
My head is angled down, and my feet dig into the ground with every step.
I bend my knees to place my feet, and lock them out and push forward to gain ground...
I am not weary
I am not tired
Frustrated....barely.
I am tried
And the intention is to be refined and found worthy
I have determined my path
Once, in the distance, apparently in a clear serene valley , I saw a road which beckoned my feet to walk it...
After the first few steps I caught glimpse of a glorious destination at road's end..but for only an instant, for my eyes were shut by a howling wind which blew in direct opposition to my desired path.
While my eyes stayed clinched closed, the image of that place, that oasis amidst an arid existence, was clear in my mind, and it fueled my body in its progression...and it burns rich yet.
This wind has been the one constant in my journey. It has always bid me return to the place from whenst I came, but I still see the image...
As I fight this invisible force, I know that what is distant, is worth my toils.
I have evaluated, speculated, and contemplated what is now before me, what lies behind, and what is my immediate surrounding.
All these drive me forward.
I am set against the wind. I have faltered, but not fallen. I am wearied but not yet exhausted...
Let winds howl, whip, and push against me...for the force by which I am driven is greater than this wind which I now advance into.

No comments:

Post a Comment